What is a Group?
A Group is a simple space to collaborate and communicate with others using basic functionality such is Tasks, Discussions and Documents. Groups offer a great way of keeping your team up to date with the latest updates about your management systems. Groups can also be used as a quick way of adding a set of people to one or more work areas.
Other users can see a Group and all the information within it if they’re a part of the team. You can check who has access to the Group by clicking Team in the top right hand corner of the screen.
Creating a new group
- Find Groups in the work menu on your main navigation bar and click on it.
- In the Groups area, click ‘Create new Group’
- You can then name your Group and set its purpose and goals; these are optional but a great way to keep the team focused when working in that area.
Setting Group visibility
Visibility settings determine who can see your group, as well as who can be added as a member. The options are:
- Private – Invitation only. No one will know this group exists nor see it’s updates, unless they are a member of it
- My Organisation – Membership of this group is limited to users within your organisation
- My Organisation and partners – Membership of this group is limited to users within your organisation and partners
Once you’ve created your new Group you can add Team members. Using the search under the ‘Membership’ heading, add a users by typing their name in the text box and selecting matched results.
Whilst within a group, you can choose to focus any search from the main navigation to just results from that group. To do that enter your search term in the main search box and click Search in Group